Sunday, September 14, 2008

Student Teaching

I am really enjoying student teaching so far. I am teaching at Duke Ellington High School for the Arts here in DC. The students are so full of energy and personality, which I’m seeing can be good and bad. :) They are really great kids though. I’m enjoying getting to know a lot of them already. Friday after school I went to see my theater majors perform their short skits that they have been working on for the past week. One of the skits they did was a story from Spain and four of my students were in that one! It was so fun to see them in their element and see how much fun they were having. I also got a couple of ideas to help them enjoy Spanish class a little more.

The students in the white pants and the yellow shirt are in my Spanish 1 class, they are so funny! They did a skit from Greek mythology. The boy in the white shirt and the girl reaching out are both in my classes. This skit was from Spain! Viva Espana! It was so fun to here them speaking so much Spanish... for fun!!!
The two girls in this picture are in my classes. The one on the floor is quite... extroverted; they are really fun to have in class.

1 comment:

Megan G said...

That looks like a really awesome school. I know your students are going to love you like crazy.