Last Saturday I ran the River to River Relay with some friends from the YMCA.

It was a loooong day and a lot of fun. As someone put it, "who would have thought spending all day in a van with 8 sweaty people and running 80 miles together could be so much fun!" I have been running, biking, swimming, playing racquetball, and lifting weights, for a long time, but I haven't participated in an official race for about three or four years, so I was a litter nervous even though physically I was prepared. The race was in Southern Illinois which I've really only driven through on my way to Tennessee. I had no idea how beautiful it is down there! There are very big rolling hills and it is pretty forested.

Where it isn't forested and there are farms and fields it is beautiful. It was a cloudy cool day and reminded me of something you might see in Scotland or something. It was really green.

Jason and Isaac met me down there during my second leg. It was sooo nice of them to drive all that way to come and support me. It also gave us the opportunity to see Shannon and Matt before they move :( which we are VERY sad about. I'm excited for my races this summer that I'm doing and am working on convincing my teammates from the RRR to come join me in Davenport for the Bix in July... yeah! More hills!!! :)

Future River to Riverer?
No comments:
Post a Comment