I don't think I blog about food too much, I should do it more. I love food. What can I say? A long time ago, Jason got a coupon when he was working in Idaho to get me my ring (ha ha) from one of his customers for Johnny Carino's. We were in the Salt Lake area once and stopped by to use it. We both had amazing meals. Jason had a red/white sauce pasta, I can't remember the name off hand, but it was very good. I had an
Italian Wedge Salad. Best Salad Ever. I had never eaten gorgonzala cheese, now I love it. Who doesn't love candied pecans, apples, and bacon... okay, maybe some people, but they are crazies. :) Years after having it, maybe two or so, I had thought about it often and looked on the internet to find a recipe. The closest I got was a girl who just blogged the ingredients, no real specifics. I've made it quite a few times since then and every time, no matter the perportions, I've loved it. I just eyeball it, see what looks good to me and pile it on some lettuce. I've used different kinds of lettuce. A crisp iceberg is tasty, but sometimes I go for the spinach for some extra nutrition.
I also like to use granny smith apples because I love the way the sweet pecans, the sour apples, and the... whatever it is in the gorgonzala, and salty bacon, blend sooooo well together. It's a fiesta in your mouth, but I like fiestas!
| Italian Wedge Salad |
| A hearty wedge of crisp iceberg lettuce topped with our roasted garlic ranch dressing, applewood smoked bacon, candied pecans, gorgonzola cheese, fresh apple slices and roma tomatoes |
No comments:
Post a Comment